The Springs Tavern
EAST HAMPTON, NEW YORK
Helping Locals stay connected through community events
A Tavern has been operating, more or less continually, at this location since 1934. Originally opened as The Jungle Inn, the bar was operated by owner Pete Federico and his wife, Nina, who managed the kitchen duties in the back. Because Fort Pond Boulevard was largely undeveloped with a particularly dense population of old-growth trees, Pete thought it resembled a jungle, hence the name. Over time Pete Federico became known as Jungle Pete as the bar grew in popularity and later changed the name to what all the locals called it anyway, Jungle Pete’s.